MASTER OF PHYSIOTHERAPY
The Master of Physiotherapy course provides a fast track learning experience for talented students who already hold a degree, to gain the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviours expected of an entry level physiotherapist. The course has a structure using curriculum to efficiently learn foundation knowledge together with case studies and clinical practice (to integrate knowledge into clinical decision making). The course emphasizes evidence based practice and encourages students in critical thinking.
The Masters in Physiotherapy MPT program is a 2 year degree program under RGUHS. Specialities.
1. Master of Physiotherapy in Musculoskeletal Disorders and Sports (MPT-MSS)
2. Master of Physiotherapy in Neurological and Psychosomatic Disorders (MPT-NPD)
3. Master of Physiotherapy in Cardio-Respiratory Disorders (MPT-CRD)
4. Master of Physiotherapy in Community Rehabilitation (MPT-Com.)
5. Master of Physiotherapy in Pediatrics (MPT-Ped.)
DURATION OF THE COURSE
The duration of master of physiotherapy course shall be extended over a period of two continuous years on a full time basis. Any break in the career, power of extension of the course and the fixation of the term shall be vested with the University.
I year: MPT Part-I 0 – 12 months
II year: MPT Part-II 13 – 24 months
MASTER OF PHYSIOTHERAPY (MPT)
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
English will be the medium of instruction for the subjects of study and for the examination of the MPT course.